TALK (on Conference days)
When people talk about making their digital content accessible to people with disabilities, it sounds cumbersome, expensive, and anything but agile. The list of accessibility compliance requirements is somehow both exhaustive and frustratingly undefined. This creates problems for agile teams in measuring success, and it represents a guaranteed way to kill your project’s velocity.
Just as agile-minded thinking can transform your company’s culture, accessibility integration can actually serve as a catalyst for innovation and continuous improvement within your agile process. Learn how agile and accessibility make excellent partners in building a lean, cost-effective practice of of user-centered, value-based design, development, and testing. From release planning to story writing, from estimation to testing, learn the principles of how to successfully incorporate inclusive design at each level and for each role in your digital projects.
WORKSHOP (on Wednesday)
Just as agile-minded thinking can transform your company’s culture, accessibility integration acts as a catalyst for innovation and continuous improvement within your agile process. In the session talk, you learned the principles of inclusive design that support an agile team. In this interactive hands-on workshop, we’ll go further. Learn the fundamentals of lean accessibility by role; we will focus on practical techniques for Agilists, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, UX, Development, and Testing that you can incorporate into your work immediately. We’ll use a Prezi product for attendees to learn how accessibility testing and exploratory QA can influence product managers in their decision process.
After this workshop, you’ll have the tools to build a lean, cost-effective practice of of user-centered, value-based design, development, and testing, and make better products for everyone.
- Product Owners, understand how to decide which accessibility requirements need to be included in your user stories.
- Scrum Masters, create the right, inclusive process for your team without creating impediments to their work.
- Designers, learn adaptable techniques for including people with disabilities into each phase of your UX process.
- Developers, accelerate your build process, commit better code, and delight your users.
- And, Testers, learn how to succeed immediately with accessibility without losing any more sleep!